Saturday, February 20, 2010

Let Go

I am so close to dropping everything here and following my dream of living a simple life in the woods. I never intended for this life, I was just born into it. Some may call me "spoiled" or "ungrateful" but I really cant stand living in a place that revolves around fashion, money, and the ego. It's so hard not to get rapped up in this life when I'm surrounded by it everyday.

Looking back, the happiest times of my life were when I was out of society completely. For example, India, all I had were the clothes I was wearing, a backpack of toilet paper, and my best friend. We picked fruit from the trees for our meals and were immersed in nature; life was simple and I was happy. Words fall short every time when I try to describe my feelings for India. There is a natural sense of belonging and an overwhelming feeling of happiness. People are so happy with so little. Every person I met there changed my life completely. I feel a sense of belonging to this culture that my mind cannot understand but my spirit connects deeply with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment